A new update that fine tunes and improves the gameplay while it fixes several inconsistencies and bugs that you reported. Better AI, improved melee, enhanced 3D visual perception of terrain and multiplayer balances are the most important changes included in this patch.
Ultimate General: Gettysburg patch v1.55 (rev.10222/10203)
- Better synchronization, more realistic movement of sprites.
- Improvement of Brigade movement and visual mechanics.
- Formation, collision detection improvements (affects targeting, retreat directions, melee).
- Targeting improvements (affects AI positively, units block each other more realistically, hills become more important).
- Intensified importance of hills in defense. Some positions like Cemetery Hill and Culp's hill will feel like fortresses now.
- New better melee balance.
- Better visual representation of pseudo 3D terrain. You will be able to perceive hill obstructions more accurately as unit formation bend and scale on terrain.
- AI overhaul. AI should attack and defend much more efficiently with all personalities.
- Some scene fixes including big error in "What if Buford had not held McPherson ridge" which resulted in a broken scenario.
- Various fixes and balances for MP battles that were unbalanced.
- CSA in "Pickett's charge" has now also Pettigrew and 3 other brigades at their disposal making things really challenging for the Union which get a few more artillery for compensation.
- In "Union on the Offensive", CSA have 2 more brigades, and Union has less artillery.
- In "Ewell advances" the CSA get 2 more brigades as reinforcements.
- In "Devil's Den" reinforcement times for Union have been balanced.
- In "Meeting at Cemetery Ridge" Union have one less brigade and CSA a few more artillery pieces.
- Various balances and improvements in combat. Balance is carried to Multiplayer version of the game and provides equal opportunities for both sides.
- Skirmishers less lethal in ranged combat.
- Altered the arrival time of 1st day/1st battle units to fit more the historical facts.
- Fixed occasional super damage bug when units were in melee that destabilised combat balance.
- Fixed many overpowered artillery batteries for both sides.
- Fixed several bugs that made AI to fight at disadvantage since almost always its altitude parameters were lower than the player's and there were also other multiple issues. Now the AI will fight to its full potential, as never seen before.
- Fixed bugs that unbalanced multiplayer according to who was hosting.
This update has been shaped up thanks to the valuable feedback of many volunteer testers. We would like to honor the most active and helpful during this test phase by mentioning them below:
Koro (Unforgiving General who punished the AI until it was able to beat him and also provided relentless multiplayer testing)
1st.TN.Reg.Watkins (Careful General who with his historical tactics forced the game to play more realistically)
OLee O'Hara (Demanding General who took detailed notes of AI failures that helped to make it better)
JamesL (Veteran General who was only getting pleased when the AI was able to inflict more casualties than him)
YueJin (Methodical General who always gives unquestionable advices for a better gameplay)
Lincolns Mullet (Elite General, missing in action most of the time, but still his brief reports mattered)
GOG and MacStore versions will be updated as soon as possible. Until then, players of these platforms may cause multiplayer instability. We are sorry for the inconvenience.